
he holidays were a amazing, but unfortunately its back to the real world. Erin and I spent much of the holiday season working on our house. Its coming along but I think its going to continue to get worse before it gets better. The renovations started the day after we moved in. Erin woke to me in the front room tearing the carpet off the floor. She understood that was the plan eventually, however, I don't think she thought that I was going to start that soon.
But she soon caught the vision when she saw the wood floors.
In addition to the blessing of a new home over the Christmas break we were blessed by an abundance of snow. I have now experienced one major drawback to owning a home.
With all of the work, Erin and I did have some time to play during the break. My sister Jamie came over and made candy with us. It was a ton of fun Jamie and Erin worked on candy,
while I taught our niece and nephew to rock out!
Even with the mess we were able to set up a cozy little family room in our basement, which was perfect for opening presents.

It was fun having family and friends over to our new house during the Christmas season.
After Christmas we took our two mentor kids rock climbing. The little girl, loved it! Apparently the little boy is terrified of heights. He got stuck half way up the wall, we sent his sister up to rescue him but finally it was the Amazing Erin who saved the day and coaxed him down. He was up there for about twenty minutes.
This is the little girl trying to help her little brother off of the wall. the experience was sad but I had to laugh a little.
Well that was our holiday. It probably seems a little boring but we had a blast!
It was fun having family and friends over to our new house during the Christmas season.
After Christmas we took our two mentor kids rock climbing. The little girl, loved it! Apparently the little boy is terrified of heights. He got stuck half way up the wall, we sent his sister up to rescue him but finally it was the Amazing Erin who saved the day and coaxed him down. He was up there for about twenty minutes.
Well that was our holiday. It probably seems a little boring but we had a blast!



5 comments:
I love seeing the progress your house is making! Keep up with the pics :)
you forgot to mention that NEAL AND I CAME AND VISITED YOU! ;)
You're house looks great, glad things are going so well!
I love the new look of your blog! Your house looks great, I love the fireplace! 'See you soon!
It was so fun hanging out with you guys last night! We should do it again soon. My email is camillehein@gmail.com if you want to send over your phone numbers. We can have a LOST party or something :)
Congrats again on the house.....looks like lots of fun :0)
Post a Comment