Thursday, June 18, 2009











lot has happened in the last little while so I thought I would update all of our followers on our life. A few weeks ago The greatly anticipated day of Erin's graduation arrived! Life has been a little stressful with Erin finishing nursing school, working full time, being pregnant and us remodeling the house. As a result the graduation was a big sigh of relief. I am so proud of her.
It was a fun week. Erin's Family was in town from Delaware and stayed at our house. It was good to see everyone as we don't get to see everyone very often.
After the graduation we had a big graduation BBQ with all of the family. It was a little overwhelming to have 40 people over and our house suddenly felt very small. Luckily Erin's Amazing family helped us get ready by cleaning and putting the final touches on our recent remodel of our front room. Thanks guys! The party was great fun even though the weather didn't work out and Erin's dad got all his hair burned off by an unfortuante grill accident.

Having our front room done is huge relief! It is so nice to have a place to relax other than the bedroom and to have a place to study rather than the kitchen table. Erin and I love just sitting in our front room. Its been a process that took about 6 months but it is very satisfying now that its done.


The above two pictures were taken the day after we moved in.
These two were a bit of the mess during the whole process of taking paint and wall paper off not just the walls but the ceiling as well.
Here is the finished product. It's very satisfying to have see the work we've done.

In other news Erin and I went to the Salt Lake Scottish Festival this last weekend. I competed and Erin was an amazing support and photo and video documentor. It was a fun but the weather was terrible. I competed in our first competition but just before the second it rained so hard and got my reeds so wet that it made my bagpipes untunable so I had to stand by for the second.

This is a video of the horrible storm that hit and ruined my pipes for the competition. It was pretty funny watching everyone run around frantically.



This is the competion that I was able to participate in. We didn't place but I feel we did very well.

12 comments:

Amber said...

Danny - your front room looks AMAZING! Kudos to you! It was so good to see you guys at the Scottish Festival :)

Hannah Neville McMillan said...

your house looks GREAT NOW! WOW!

charisse said...

Congratulations to Erin for graduating! And your front room looks great! I love the yellow, I painted my front room yellow as well and it just makes me feel happy inside. :)

Clay Allred said...

your house looks GREAT! I want to come visit.

josh said...

Whoa - I am super impressed by your mad house-refurbishing skillz. Props!

Cali, Piper, and I would love to visit you guys while we're in Utah! (We're packing as I write this.) We'll give you a call.

jamie said...

Good Job guys!

The Wessman Family said...

The house looks great! I love the global feel of it! Congrats on the boy as well!

Leslie said...

your house is incredible!! I can't believe how far it's come since April when we were there last. You guys have some very stylish decorating skillz.

Kait said...

Oh my gosh you guys!!!! Your house looks great. I admire that so much. It looks beautiful. And congrats on the baby boy.

Peach said...

Congrats, Erin! I hope your Dad is okay!! Hope your pipes aren't permanently ruined, Danny! Think of you and your little one often. XOXO

Kassie said...

Holy remodel batman...what a studly frontroom. And hooray for baby boys, I highly recommend them. Our new addition should be coming Monday 29th at Orem Comm. (induction)

Melanie said...

The before and after photos are amazing! Your place is so wonderful, classy and inviting. Thanks for inviting us to see the results of your hard work!